I have been SUPER busy lately, and the only way I’ve been able to get through it is to take one day at a time. This is a valid method, but sometimes you’ve got to play the long game. So, in the interest of that, here are my goals for the month.
- Finish four books I’ve already started.
- Write 6000 words (this is a low goal, Kari, come on).
- Get caught up on your travel journal (WHY DO YOU DO THIS??? IT’S BEEN A MONTH SINCE YOU’VE BEEN ANYWHERE!)
- Sign up for 401K (wow, adult much?).
- Fix paystub problem (this has been on your radar for months, Johnson).
- Stick to the preplanned budget for the month (which…is not your strong suit, but come on).
The next step is to figure out some rewards for if I do this, so…
- Buy the three books on my (most timely) wishlist.
- New coffee mug.
- Day or weekend trip to Asheville.
- That Kate Spade bracelet I’ve been looking at for months.
- Nice dinner at Cowfish.
- New pair of shoes in September’s budget.
Of course, my other problem is that I have a bad habit of letting myself have rewards without actually earning them, so who wants to keep me accountable? Anyone?