1. Yesterday, I went suit shopping, because I had a dream that Disney called me saying, “We want to interview you! Can you be on the next plane to Florida?” and I kept thinking, “No, I need until at least tomorrow, because I still don’t have a suit!” In order to assuage this fear, I went and bought a suit. Well, I bought a really expensive blazer and a fairly cheap skirt that go really well together.
2. This morning I finally had my first Story Time. It was fine. Probably could have gone better. But it was an edifying experience in this idea: one of the songs I did flopped, and I had thought that if something like that happened, the whole session would be lost. But it’s really not. One element not working doesn’t mean the whole thing is a write-off. And now I know, that’s not a song I should use.
3. Right before I began this post, I had to restart my laptop no less than three times, even though it’s only a few months old. So Public Service Announcement: always back up your work.
4. Maureen Johnson has a book coming out in February. I wrote the date down in my planner incorrectly, so I thought I was getting the book a month earlier than I am. Which sucks because I SO need to figure out where Steven went and how they’re gonna work their relationship out and…ARRRGGGGHHH.
5. I LOVE Agent Carter. I hate the men she works with. Except Souza. I’m even angry with Howard and Jarvis for hiding information from her. But I love her femininity and her ruthlessness in battle and her ability to use people’s sexism against them. Hopefully, they’ll follow Galavant’s lead and order a second season. Speaking of Galavant, I haven’t watched since the first episode. And now that it’s not a one and done thing…I’m not sure I will watch again. It’s not as exciting to me as Agent Carter is.